Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
St. Luke's is a thriving, integrated health network where more than 750 Advanced Practitioners are integral members of the health care team. Our employed providers benefit from a dedicated leadership structure, a professional organization, and a culture that puts patient care at the center. With an established department of advanced practice that has a dedicated leadership structure, and with room for advancement and growth within the network., learn more about why St. Luke's is an ideal place to practice as an Advanced Practitioner.
The St. Luke's Internal Medicine team:
St. Luke's Internal Medicine is a medical specialty that allows AP's to have full autonomy and work to the top of their licensure, providing independent medical management to their patients always having the support of our attending physicians. Our AP also have opportunities for participation in procedures, research, education, and professional development opportunities, if desired.
Join a collaborative hospitalist team of over 100 Advanced Practitioners and Physicians and make a difference in patient care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Advanced Practitioner (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) is responsible for providing healthcare services to patients under the supervision of, and/or in collaboration with, the attending physician. These services include, but not limited to, medical evaluation, treatment, counseling, and referrals. Consists of diagnostic evaluations, therapeutic remediation, surgical assistance, and pharmaceutical prescription
- Works in conjunction with Physicians to care for medical patients as requested.
- Performs history and physical examination of all patients seen. Provides primary care consultations on all patients as requested by other physicians.
- Round at least daily on all assigned patients.
- Make best efforts to adhere to standardized orders and practice guidelines that have been approved by the medical staff.
- Provide regular, timely, and appropriate communication with referring physicians, patients and their families.
- Participates in education of patients and their families.
- Actively develops care plans and discharge dispositions in conjunction with the Case Management team.
- Participates in regular meetings of the practice group.
- Submit timely and accurate billing information.
- Attends appropriate continuing medical education so as to maintain Pennsylvania Licensure.
- Demonstrates ability to develop effective working relationships within the hospital and St. Luke's Health Network.
Must be board eligible or board-Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner or Medical Physician Assistant with current license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania or New Jersey, as determined by the job location.
Although one year experience in a similar setting is preferred, new grads are encouraged to apply!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER TO YOU?:
- Robust orientation program for all levels of experience including new grads
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Competitive Compensation Package
- CME plus Certification Cost Reimbursement
- Fitness and Sports Performance Center Memberships
- Malpractice Insurance
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 5 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Standing for up to 5 hours per day, 2 hours at a time. Walking for up to 3 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Fingering and handling small objects frequently. Twisting and turning of hand occasionally. Consistently lift, carry, and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs via wheel chair or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as is relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!