Location: McCall, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in McCall, ID is seeking a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Coordinator to join our Hospice team.
The St. Luke's Health System Hospice team is looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Care Coordinator/Case Manager who will manage their own caseload of patients in the community, with a scope of practice to include symptom management, medication management, care planning and IDT oversight.
Hours are between: Monday - Friday (8:30am - 5:00pm) with rotating weekends and evening call.
Paid hourly, manageable caseload, pay for drive time, mileage reimbursement and work/life balance!
St Luke's Hospice is an interdisciplinary team serving terminally ill patients in homes, ALFs, CFHs, and SNFs with diagnosis mix of Cancer, Heart Disease, Pulmonary Disease, Alzheimer's/Dementia, Renal Disease, ALS, Liver Disease, Stroke, etc. Team members work autonomously in the community setting serving patients within the spectrum of the 4 levels of hospice care: Routine, Continuous, General Inpatient, and Respite.
The interdisciplinary team is comprised of Care Coordinator RNs, Weekday Support RNs/LPNs, Weekend Support RNs/LPNs, Night Support RNs, Medical Social Workers, Chaplains, Certified Nursing Assistants, Massage therapists, Volunteers, and Medical Staff including a nurse practitioner and physicians.
Strong team communication with individual autonomy is required. Dependable, strong critical thinking, and a self-starter are preferred qualities in candidates. Strong nursing comprehension of disease processes is essential. Previous Hospice experience is preferred, but not required.
If you're looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke's may be just the place for you.
- Works as clinician, consultant, educator, and researcher to facilitate collaborative management of patient care.
- Works closely with physicians, nurses, social workers and a wide range of medical and non-medical professionals.
- Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by monitoring care through assessment and/or patient records.
- Determines need for therapeutic medical, psycho-social, and psychiatric evaluations. Reviews therapist evaluations, treatment, objectives, and plans.
- Develops patient care plans, evaluates and monitors progress, responds to patient and family needs. Serves as advocate when problems and issues arise.
- Coordinates discharge and post-discharge requirements; orientates and trains family members; provides resources.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Provides ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatments, prognosis and medications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's or Associate's Nursing Degree
- Experience: 2 years of RN experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN License in the State of Practice
- Valid Driver's License and Auto Insurance if work related travel is required for position
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.