Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Office Nurse is responsible to the Center Administrator and assists, under the direction of the physician, in the provision of direct patient care in accordance with Company policies and procedures and established standards of nursing practice. This role reflects subject matter expertise in two key areas; clinic nursing and care management.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate triage response and documentation according to Nursing Standards & Company protocol
- Under direction and supervision of a physician, administer prescribed medications and immunizations, administers, monitors and manages intravenous infusions
- Provides clinical treatment and other patient services within the ambulatory care setting.
- Ability to take vital signs, perform approved clinical tasks including but not limited to: Evaluating patient needs, performing triage related to presenting clinical needs, administering prescribed medications, assisting physician with examinations and treatments, preparing and applying dressings and performing wound care; instructing patient in health measures and self-care, changing Foley catheters, and flushing ports
- Maintains accurate, legible clinical documentation within the medical records assuring compliance within all guidelines. Maintain all documentation required by the clinic (i.e., triage logs, OSHA required logs, telephone messages, etc.).
- Participates in health promotion activities
- Assists the PCP in the monitoring and planning of care for members of the Complex Care Program, High Risk Program and/or Disease Management Programs
- Maintains an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting the PCP in the monitoring of members’ healthcare needs which may include but are not limited to B/P checks, wound care needs, nebulizer treatments, and health care education
- Monitors inpatient, outpatient, and SNF patients and initiate patient care arrangements
- Reports findings to PCP, Medical Director and Administrator
- Reinforces patient education regarding preventive care, dietary restrictions, medications and other therapeutic regimes. Coordinate home health and DME requests and provide recommendations to PCP
- Provides oversight in patient care evaluation, coordinate the collaboration of the Primary Care Provider and Consultants, and make suggestions to improve plans to meet patient needs
- Assists with the monitoring of utilization management and make recommendations regarding effectiveness of health care resources, trending and intervention
- Assists in the assessment of clinic operations and make recommendations as necessary
- Ensures compliance with CMS and AHCA guidelines and covered service guidelines
- Assists with the contestation of Part A and Part B /claims as needed
- Consistently applies guidelines to the medical record review process
- Evaluates and recommends health delivery network changes with the PCP, Medical Director and Center Administrator
- Participates in QI projects. Attends Case Management Meetings
- Participates in patient satisfaction program as required and follow up on all inpatient/outpatient discharges
- Acts as the clinical resource for the non-licensed office personnel. Acts as the clinical leader in regards to the triage process within the front desk area, group visits, and other programs as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have consistent, punctual and reliable attendance
- Ability to travel as necessary based on business need
- Ability to work overtime based on business need
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or ability to obtain in 90 days
- Additional Requirements for LPNs:
- Valid Florida LPN licensure
- Certificate in Practical Nursing
- IV Certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Additional Requirements for RNs:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science
- Valid Florida RN license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience in Med-Surg, ER, ICU, Acute Care
- Experience with electronic health records (EHR)
- Experience in MS Office
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.