Location: Danville, Virginia
If you love healthcare but would like to try something new this may be the opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Clinical Liaison to join our team in Danville, VA in the Acute Rehab Unit!
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
As a Clinical Liaison, you will have the ability to use your clinical skills while working in a strategic business environment. Successful Liaisons will educate the community about the services provided by Kindred and will develop and maintain positive relationships with families, caregivers, medical professionals and the communities we serve. Through the building of long term relationships, the Liaison will facilitate the identification and assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. In addition, the Liaison:
- Reviews patient medical charts and understands pharmaceuticals, test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and has a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Interacts clearly and professionally with patients and families, while gathering additional clinical information and past history.
- Conducts thorough patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the system.
- Completes detailed Pre-Admission Screens, according to facility policies and procedures, KHRS policies and procedures, and payer requirements.
- Targets area research including analysis of like programs and alternative levels of care.
- Provides patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers, social workers and other relevant persons.
- Develops educational and community relations plans in consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse Manager.
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families, healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Participates in team meetings along with Medical Director, Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others, as applicable.
- Functions as a resource for and provides team members with in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria, diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Participates in Clinical Program Development as identified through market demand.
- Educates specific specialized physicians on quality, programs, accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation.
License and Education:
- Valid state driver's license and own reliable transportation required.
- Clinical licensure required.
- College degree required.
- A track record of successful experience in a health care setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers.
- Clinical experience required.
- Knowledge of acute hospitals and post-acute settings preferred.
If you are a current employee Click Here.