Location: Tacoma, Washington
CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital serves patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. This new 60-bed specialty hospital is an exciting joint venture partnership between Virginia Mason Franciscan Health and Lifepoint Healthcare.
When you come to work here, you will be joining an interdisciplinary team where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve.
As an Case Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are met
- Ensuring seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care
- Developing and implementing the case management, social work, and discharge planning services for our patient population
- Maintaining current knowledge of community resources and relevant healthcare regulations
- Effectively interfacing between patients, families, and medical professionals as well as other hospital staff members
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 20 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
The range for this position will be $29.00 to $42.00 per hour. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range. Qualifications
Current Registered Nurse or Social Work licensure or Healthcare professional licensure as Respiratory Therapist, Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist.
Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred; for example, Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) certification, American Case Management Association (ACM) or Board Certification in CM by the ANCC e.g.: RN-BC
Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages preferred.
Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently
Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player.
Must recognize and observe confidentiality principles.