Dietitian Nutrition Support - Center for Human Nutrition Clinic - Sign On Bonus Available To Eligible Candidates*
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2206046
Dietitian Nutrition Support - Center for Human Nutrition Clinic
Sign On Bonus Available To Eligible Candidates*
Assesses nutrition status of patients with complex medical conditions. Develops, implements and evaluates outcomes of nutrition care plan for patients, ensuring appropriate use of oral, enteral, and parenteral regimens. Develops, implements and evaluates nutrition education and counseling for patients, families and caregivers, and the community. Participates in the training of dietetic interns, students, and other health care professionals. Participates in clinical nutrition outcomes research and conducts independent outcomes research in area of clinical practice.
The role is responsible for celiac diet education, tube feed dietary adjustments, patient lab review, research database management, as well as celiac marketing content review.
The sign on bonus is available for this full-time Dietitian position who met the basic minimum requirements for this position.
This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past one year.
The installment will be paid out in one-time lump sum installment after 60 days of employment
The Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition provides care for people who need medical nutrition support. Our team offers a full range of care for gastrointestinal diseases that affect nutrition. We are the only intestinal failure program in the region and the only dedicated celiac disease clinic in the southeast.
This position is Monday - Friday ; DAYS. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Assesses nutrition status and implements nutrition care plans to address identified nutrition diagnoses for patients with complex medical conditions, including critically ill patients and patients on enteral and/or parenteral nutrition support, using extensive knowledge and expertise, the Nutrition Care Process and standardized nutrition terminology in documentation.
Monitors nutrition progress and reassesses nutrition status of critically ill patients and patients with complex medical conditions, adjusting the nutrition care plan when needed.
Provides nutrition counseling and education to patients, families and caregivers, and the community, using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines, appropriate instructional methods and tools, and case management as needed to implement nutrition interventions.
Trains dietetic interns, other students, and health care professionals by planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating clinical experiences and/or teaching classes.
Conducts nutrition outcomes research in area of clinical practice and/or conducts or participates in collaborative nutrition investigational research.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
EVIDENCE-BASED NUTRITION PRACTICE - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of integrating nutrition evidence from multiple sources to determine if a practice change should occur. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering evidence-based nutrition practice without requiring support and instruction from others.
PATIENT ASSESSMENT - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient assessments in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
NUTRITION THERAPY - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of nutrition therapy in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
PATIENT COUNSELING - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient counseling in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering counseling services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.