All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT - Day Shift
The community you’ll be caring for:
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit at a demonstrated level of competent practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing and Advent Health policy. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of Advent Health. Responsible for care provision of assigned patients and delegating tasks to unlicensed personnel within scope of practice. Collaborates with nursing and clinical ancillary team members in delivery of patient care. Rotating call and overtime required.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Collects data (e.g. physical, psychosocial, environmental, developmental, pertaining to the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner under the direct supervision of the RN. Performs and/or assures completed data collection on admission and during each shift on all patients assigned within the designated time delineated in unit standards. Monitors patient's status throughout shift and reports pertinent patient information and significant findings of admission and on-going patient information to appropriate member(s) of the health care team. Monitors patient throughout shift including response to interventions/ treatments. Completes documentation according to policy and procedure. Identifies and relays patient discharge planning needs on admission and throughout the patient's stay in collaboration with RN or Case Manager.
• Reviews and implements patient care plan on assigned unit in collaboration with the RN, patient, family, and health care team. Administers ordered treatments and medications within scope of practice safely and competently.
• Implements & coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team verbally throughout the shift and during shift report. Collaborates effectively with nursing and clinical ancillary team members. Delegates tasks appropriately to unlicensed personnel including nursing assistants, unit clerks, monitor techs in which the unlicensed personnel have demonstrated competence. Communicates/documents all patient care provided Transcribes and implements physician orders within scope of practice. Provides patient education based on identified needs.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or equivalent LPN program
• Basic computer skills, excellent human relations and oral/written skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• (12) months experience preferred but not required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.