$30.30/hr - $50.51/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
The largest city in the northeastern part of the state, Sterling is a farm and ranch community with deep roots on the Colorado prairie. Sterling's laid-back lifestyle makes it easy to explore a variety of outdoor and cultural activities, from boating, fishing and swimming in North Sterling State Park, to hiking, biking, golf, hunting-and-shooting sports or admiring unique public art.
Sterling Regional MedCenter is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse Case Manager to work in Sterling, Colorado. In this position, you will participate with organization and collaboration of patient care and treatment with the other members of the care team. You will establish payor resource, arrange transportation, care coordination and assessment for placement of patients. This position is 32-hours per week working days.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at email@example.com or call 970-810-6347
Sterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides comprehensive care coordination for patients as assigned. This position assesses the patients plan of care and develops, implements, monitors and documents the utilization of resources and progress of the patient through their care, facilitating options and services to meet the patients health care needs. The intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payer requirements. This position is accountable for the quality of clinical services delivered by both them and others and identifies/resolves barriers which may hinder effective patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages individual patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
2. Acts in a leadership function with process improvement activities for populations of patients to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
3. Acts in a leadership function to collaboratively develop and manage the interdisciplinary patient discharge plan. Effectively communicates the plan across the continuum of care.
4. Evaluates the medical necessity and appropriateness of care, optimizing patient outcomes. Assesses patient admissions and continued stay utilizing standard criteria. Identifies issues that may delay patient discharge and facilitates resolution of these issues.
5. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
6. Educates internal members of the health care team on case management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
7. May supervise other staff.
8. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are entity based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies, provider networks, and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of case management or utilization review as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in case management or health care.
Requires current Registered Nurse (R.N.) license in state worked. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3-5 years clinical experience. Must have a working knowledge of care management, acute care and/or home care environments, community resources and resource/utilization management. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, and time management skills. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team format. For assignments in an acute care setting, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital and/or home care setting. Experience must include working in an acute care and/or home care setting within the past 12 months as a Case Manager in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS CCM (Certified Case Manager) preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.