The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Worland is located within the Big Horn Basin and along the Big Horn River in beautiful Northwestern Wyoming. A community hub, Worland has a proud heritage of initiative, innovation and offers a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Washakie Medical Center is looking for a part-time Registered Nurse RN Case Manager to work in Worland, Wyoming. This position will work 8-hour day shifts.
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347.
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides comprehensive care coordination for patients as assigned. This position assesses the patients plan of care and develops, implements, monitors and documents the utilization of resources and progress of the patient through their care, facilitating options and services to meet the patients health care needs. The intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payer requirements. This position is accountable for the quality of clinical services delivered by both them and others and identifies/resolves barriers which may hinder effective patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages individual patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
2. Acts in a leadership function with process improvement activities for populations of patients to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
3. Acts in a leadership function to collaboratively develop and manage the interdisciplinary patient discharge plan. Effectively communicates the plan across the continuum of care.
4. Evaluates the medical necessity and appropriateness of care, optimizing patient outcomes. Assesses patient admissions and continued stay utilizing standard criteria. Identifies issues that may delay patient discharge and facilitates resolution of these issues.
5. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
6. Educates internal members of the health care team on case management and managed care concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
7. May supervise other staff.
8. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are entity based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies, provider networks, and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of case management or utilization review as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in case management or health care.
Requires current Registered Nurse (R.N.) license in state worked. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3-5 years clinical experience. Must have a working knowledge of care management, acute care and/or home care environments, community resources and resource/utilization management. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, and time management skills. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team format. For assignments in an acute care setting, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital and/or home care setting. Experience must include working in an acute care and/or home care setting within the past 12 months as a Case Manager in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS CCM (Certified Case Manager) preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.