Under general direction and according to established policies and procedures, develops and supervises the implementation of interdisciplinary treatment plans for clients at Childrens Hospital of Michigan. Performs continuous review of services to assure client progress and maintains communication with families and professionals. Coordinates interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss each clients treatment program with program staff, client/family, insurance case managers/representative and other appropriate individuals involved in client treatment. Recommends services for clients based on individual client assessments, case documents and client/family or insurance carrier preferences. Acts as a liaison with professionals and client/family and completes written reports regarding issues with client progress. Facilitates and collaborates with treatment team for timely discharge planning. Serves as a client advocate and provides therapeutic intervention and/or support as needed. Provides routine verbal and written documentation regarding assessment and client progress to appropriate parties. Provides clinical leadership to staff and supervision of behavioral modification protocols. Coordinates and participates in the development/implementation of programs specific to the assigned unit, i.e. inpatient obesity program. Assists in monitoring performance consistent with JCAHO and CARF standards, if required, and provides assistance in the creation/implementation of policies and procedures, goals and objectives. Assists in marketing unit-specific programs at conferences and case management meetings. Performs the duties of a Clinical Social Worker.
1. Masters degree in Social Work from a college accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1992 or equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the State Board of Michigan prior to 1992.
2. Two to three years case management experience with the population being assigned to this position.
3. One to two years of Social Work experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
4. Current registration or eligibility for registration as a Certified Social Worker or Social Worker in the State of Michigan (until July 1, 2008); or Current license or eligibility for licensure as a Licensed Masters Social Worker in the State of Michigan.
5. Certification by the Academy of Certified Social Workers is preferred.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 8:00 AMShift End: 5:00 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.