Hear Indiana seeks an energetic, self-directed pediatric audiologist with a desire to deliver child focused diagnostic and intervention services. This audiologist will work for Hear Indiana in the Speech and Hearing Resource Center (SHRC) located at Easterseals Crossroads. This position requires the ability to work on a team of forward-thinking individuals in a state-of-the-art audiology program. This position requires the ability to assess, diagnose and plan as necessary for the treatment of auditory issues in children, birth to 21 years of age. A key skill required is the ability to counsel families and to provide consultative services for educational or multidisciplinary case management. This is a year-round position. Preference given to those with cochlear implant experience.
This job won't last long! Don't wait to submit your info! Part-time will be considered.
- Perform clinical diagnostic audiologic evaluations, including but not limited to: VRA, BOA, CPA, ABR, OAE
- Evaluate, fit, verify and maintain amplification in children, especially infants and toddlers
- Preferred, but not required, knowledge of cochlear implant technology, including the evaluation process and device programming.
- Generate formal, evidenced-based reports on findings
- Assists with service coordination outside of the SHRC, in the community, in the school, and in home-based settings to achieve goals in all necessary areas.
- Provide clear oral and written information to the child’s parents, the child’s providers, team members, and the funding organizations (e.g. First Steps)
- Obtains consultation from other members of the team in areas outside own expertise, such as speech-language pathology, social work, cognition, speech development, in order to fully address the needs of individual children on caseload.
- Communicates effectively with the spoken language specialists to get the best outcomes.
- Continuous eye for process improvements and developing innovative solutions.
- The meticulous and timely maintenance of all related records for billing purposes.
Additional Salary Information: flexible work schedule, increased pay offered to those with cochlear implant experience
About Hear Indiana
For nearly 50 years, Hear Indiana has empowered and supported families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. We provide Hope, Education, Advocacy, and Resources to hundreds of families throughout the state of Indiana.
Working in partnership with Easterseals Crossroads, the Speech and Hearing Resource Center provides speech therapy, audiology, information and referral, school outreach, and counseling for parents of children who are deaf or have a hearing loss.